Home

Friday, January 4, 2019

SOLOMON DECIDES TO BUILD THE TEMPLE


DATE: FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2019.

TOPIC: SOLOMON DECIDES TO BUILD THE TEMPLE.

TEXT: 1 KINGS 5:1-18.
KEY VERSE: “’I intend, therefore, to build a temple for the Name of the LORD my God, as the LORD told my father David, when he said, ‘Your son whom I will put on the throne in your place will build the temple for my Name.’” (5)

                      SUMMARY
Hiram king of Tyre had been friendly with King David and so he sent envoys to Solomon. Solomon responded with his desire to build the temple. David was unable to build the temple because of wars. But God had promised David that his successor would build the temple. God blessed Solomon in every way. In response, Solomon wanted to build a temple for the LORD his God. He asked Hiram for timber and proposed terms.
Hiram agreed to supply Solomon with timber. Solomon agreed to provide food for Hiram’s household. Because of the LORD’s wisdom to Solomon, there were peaceful and mutually beneficial relations between Israel and Tyre. Then Solomon sent 30,000 conscripted men to work alongside Hiram’s men. Over 150,000 worked in quarries to prepare stone. Work on God’s temple had finally begun.
                APPLICATION
And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again, 2 Corinthians 5:15. This is the natural response of any man that has come to experience the saving grace of God through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. It is more than just a rule for living, it is far more than just the expectation of my loving God, Lord and Saviour for me. It is expedient for me to live all my life for him alone for all he has done for me. It is only natural for me to live all the days of my life for the honour, praise and glory of him who love me so much unconditionally, giving up his entire life for my deliverance and ransom from hell. I have no other ambition, no goal. I must daily yield myself to the workings of His Holy Spirit to build me up to so that I can continually be His holy temple where he can reigns and rules. His dominion and kingdom is forever  established in my heart. Therefore, by his power alone, I will do awesome, amazing great exploits for him, bringing many to this same experience to the glory of his Holy name in Jesus almighty name, amen.
PRAYER: Lord, work in me to be a temple of the Holy Spirit. Help me to do great things for you with my life in Jesus almighty name, amen.
FURTHER READING: ISAIAH 43: 1 - 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment